These Trauma Kits ® were designed specifically for law enforcement with the knowledge that 2 out of 3 police officers killed in the line of duty do not die from gunshot or stab wounds but rather from the subsequent blood loss associated with those injuries.
Each kit includes:
- Each donated pack includes the name of the sponsor and an ID number for tracking purposes. When a kit is received by an officer it is registered with Project Triage®. If an officer uses the kit in the line of duty, an incident report is filled out and the donor is alerted to the kits usage in saving a life.1- Hemostatic Gauze
- 1- OSS Combat Compression Dressing
- 1- SWAT-T Tactical Wrap Tourniquet
- 1- Pair of OSS black nitrile gloves with textured fingertips
- 1- Tourniquet Field Application Card
- All contained in a specifically designed “skip pack”
- Apply for Trauma Kits for your Law Enforcement Department
- Donate Trauma Kits to a Registered Law Enforcement Department
Video clip: Trauma Kit issued the day before may have saved the life of a Texas Officer shot three times.
Developed in 2009 by Tactical Medic Police Officers and Special Operations Combat Medics, this pack is designed specifically to be carried in the Trauma Plate Pocket of all concealable body armor. The pack itself is a specifically designed “skip pack” rugged enough to be skipped, thrown or kicked across a pavement surface to a wounded officer if he/she is inside a hot zone and rescue is not readily available. The kit is thin and plyable making it effortless to access and comfortable to wear. The shelf life of the pack is listed at 3 years but is expected to last well beyond depending on the environment in which an officer operates.