- Feb 1, 2016 Project Triage could save life of an officer | Hattiesburg American
- Jan 29, 2016 Woman seeks to buy triage kits for police officers | The Clarion-Ledger
- Mar 21, 2014 Quick-Thinking Heroic Actions Saved Wounded Officers | KrisTV.com
- Jan 30, 2014 Local Business Man Buys Trauma Packs for CCSO | Clay County Leader
- Jan 20, 2014 Project Triage Garnering National Attention | St Croix Source
- Jan 15, 2014 SHOT Show 2014: How one gunfight in ‘paradise’ may save officers’ lives for years to come | PoliceOne.com
- Jan 9, 2014 Project Triage outfits all St. Croix police officers with trauma kits | VI Daily News
- Dec 19, 2013 PRESS RELEASE: Lifeline Donates Life-Saving Trauma Kits to the Virgin Islands Police Department
- Dec 9, 2013 Former St. Croix police chief leads charge to get trauma kits for all local peace officers | VI Daily News
- Nov 22, 2013 St. Croix Hotel and Tourism Association Donates $5,000 to Project Triage | St Croix Source
- July 16, 2013 Police Law Enforcement Magazine: Shots Fired: St. Croix, Virgin Islands 08/18/2012 | PoliceMag.com
- Feb 6, 2013 Carlsbad company’s kit saves cop’s life | UTSanDiego.com
The sensation of his feet hitting the ground brought Howell a profound sense of relief. But he also knew that with each beat of his heart more precious blood gushed from his ravaged arm. Jones, too, was losing a tremendous amount of blood from the wounds to his face. Again Howell’s training spoke to his survival.
Two out of three officers killed in the line of duty die from blood loss, he reminded himself. And if we don’t apply direct pressure to our injuries, I’ll know two more.
… Howell didn’t hesitate for one second. He moved to the back of the vehicle, opened the hatch, and retrieved the trauma kit. When Howell put the tourniquet on the arm and tightened it down with Jones’ help, he’d made the conscious decision to give up on his arm. He was not giving up on his life.
How Former St. Croix PD Chief Survived Harrowing Gunfight – PoliceMag.com
Trauma Kit issued the day before may have saved the life of a Texas Officer shot three times.